Image

McCutcheon Air Conditioning and Heating Blog

1 minute reading time (113 words)

National Senior Fraud Awareness Day

blog senior fraud

In honor of National Senior Fraud Awareness Day, the Sarasota Senior Friendship Center hosted a free symposium featuring Melissa Leedom, CPA MBA of Secure Aging and Steve Mooney of Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating.

Leedom discussed the top 10 scams targeting seniors, including health insurance fraud, prescription drug fraud, funeral scams, investment schemes, mortgage scams, lottery scams, and identify theft, while Mooney's talk focused on scams employed by dishonest HVAC contractors.

Teaching consumers how to protect themselves from would-be scammers is an integral part of the mission of Sean McCutcheon’s Air Conditioning and Heating. Community. Informed. Protected.

A second symposium was held on Thursday, May 16 at the Venice Senior Friendship Center.

SMAC for Commercial
NBC2 investigates the claim that FPL is deceiving ...

Related Posts

Comment for this post has been locked by admin.
 

Comments

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.keepingsarasotacool.com/

21 August 2020
AC Blog
Warranties provide great peace of mind, especially when it comes to something as expensive as a new HVAC system. But it’s a lot easier than you might think to void those warranties… Avoid costly repairs that might otherwise be covered by following th...
06 June 2020
AC Blog
Living in Florida, you probably already have a well-worn routine you break into whenever inclement weather is on the horizon, but is preparing your Air Conditioning System a part of that routine? According to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Predictio...
15 May 2020
AC Blog
https://youtu.be/ZH_1qHyxT4M Maverick: Maverick with Sean McCutcheon from Sean McCutcheon’s Air Conditioning and Heating. Sean: It’s starting to warm up outside and we know that things are tight on everybody and we’re all in a little bit of a financi...
15 May 2020
AC Blog
https://youtu.be/NXMFbDCwnuA Maverick: Maverick with Sean McCutcheon from Sean McCutcheon’s Air Conditioning and Heating, a proud member of this community. Sean: 17 years we’ve taken care of this community and we’re going to continue to take care of ...
15 May 2020
AC Blog
https://youtu.be/pfJR8v0d9F8 Maverick: Maverick with my buddy Sean McCutcheon from Sean McCutcheon’s Air Conditioning and Heating. We are buddies, we’ve known each other for years, we’ve vacationed together and I haven’t seen him in months and we’re ...
10 May 2015
AC Blog
Conventional incandescent lighting may actually make your AC work just a little harder. Only 10% of the energy used by these light bulbs produces light - the other 90% becomes heat. The last thing you...
10 May 2015
AC Blog
Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc. has just been recognized by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) as an ACCA Quality Assured New Homes Contractor. This certification ...

Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc.
5696 Pinkney Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34233

(941) 921-7208

Contractor License # CAC1813799

Site Map

Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning Logo - Blue and White

© 2020 Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc. All rights reserved. Web Design and Hosting: Concept Digital Media, Inc.